You just slip side on by*

You just slip side on by*


   Some days are not the way we want them. Sometimes something goes wrong and all we think is that the rest of the day would be equally wrong. Sometimes we don't have the same positive energy as the day before. But it is okay. It's okay to feel a little bit more down than yesterday. It is fine to have a very normal day as if nothing amazing happens. These days... You just slip slide on by. You don't seek attention nor you don't have a need to talk to people. You just go with the flow of the day, without commenting on it or having a strong feelings. 

   I had this day yesterday. I woke up and felt that this day I really don't have anything to say. Just like that. My mood  was.. regular. I was silent like water.  And the best thing that I could do was just to accept it. Accepting myself at this particular state and accepting the situation I found myself in, made the day much better, brighter. Letting go of  feelings, moods, things, even people is sometimes the right move to make. 

   I promise you it feels much better, instead of blaming yourself for not being happy and full of energy. During days like this, I take care for my comfort and, for instance, make myself a tea and just lie in my bed, listening to the music. 



* The song by Valerie June called "Slip side on by" from the album "The order of time" (2017)

Here you can find the link to the song. Lie down and listen :) 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts